Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Goodbye Nakatsu, Hello Okinawa!



Yes, you read the title right, I'm transferring! And I'm going to the city of Okinawa in Okinawa! The heart of the island! I will become a new Zone Leader and my new companion will also be a Zone Leader. His name is Elder Muhlestein. I'm way pumped! But also terrified haha. He was actually my Zone Leader in Hiroshima so I'm expecting to learn a lot from him. It will be sad to be leaving Nakatsu but I'm really excited to go down to the island and see success there! As a Zone Leader my companion and I will oversee the work of about 24 missionaries on the island. It will quite the experience! 

Since I am transferring though this will most likely be a very short email. I have lots of packing, writing meishis, and saying goodbye to do. This past week was way awesome though! Our biggest miracle would have to be what occurred on Sunday. I have been meeting with a less active woman named Tanaka every 2 weeks since I got to Nakatsu. She was baptized 30 some odd years ago and hasn't been to church in over 8 years. Through meeting with her and teaching her by the spirit she seemed to be slowly progressing to coming back into activity. This past Sunday we had a special conference and it was likely my last week so I invited her one last time. Honestly I didn't think she would come since we had invited her so many other times but to my surprise she pulls up in a taxi right after church started! I was so happy! The messages shared in church I could see really touched and I hoped that Sunday was the beginning of her path to coming back into the church. Never give up on less actives! They need your love just as much as new converts do, through meeting with her I have realized how important working with less active members is. 

Well that's about all I have time for, I will for sure update you all next week on how Okinawa is and how my transfer went. I'm so stoked for this next transfer and for all the learning opportunities I will have. I am definitely being humbled and will see a lot of humbling in this next transfer as I prepare to rely on the Lord more fully and completely. This Gospel is true and perfect, I know it! I love you all, see ya next week! 

Love, Elder Sherrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment