Thursday, December 29, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! Christmas was yesterday for me and it was amazing! However, since it is Christmas I got to skype my family! We also have lots of fun stuff planned to do so this email is going to be rather short (sorry I always say that haha). 

I love this Christmas season! It is seriously the best time of the year. I'll explain some things we got to do this week. We got to go volunteer at a home for disabled people and do service there and it was a huge humbling experience. They don't have much of anything and don't see visitors very often, even from family, and they were all so excited to see us be there. I have a couple pictures so I'll be sure to send those. I talked with this really cute old lady who wanted a beanie and a scarf for Christmas. She hadn't seen any of her family in over 30 years, it was really sad. But even with that she was the happiest little old lady I had ever met! 

This past week fly by just like every other. Except it was filled with lots more meal appointments and parties. The members in the American and Japanese wards have been super generous to us this Christmas and have given us enough food to probably last a couple months. Between the four of us we have like 9 jars of peanut butter. On Christmas morning I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a root beer, it was the best thing ever. 

Since I don't have time I will finish it up with our investigator Yaka. We finished teaching him all the lessons and he is doing way good! He has his baptismal interview and passed it with no problems, he is really looking forward to being baptized! His date was for the 31st but since it is the New Years lots of people will be out of town and not be able to come to it. So we pushed it back to the 7th so more people could come :) he was okay with pushing it back and now we are just setting up the details for his baptism! We are way pumped for him! 

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas! Christmas is such a great time to remember the birth of our Savior and how real our Father in Heavens love is for all of us. I love you all! Have a great New Years, see ya then! 

Love, 

Elder Sherrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment