Monday, May 23, 2016

Elder Quentin L. Cook





Bullet Train!

Bullet Train!














Hello everyone! So I don't have to much time today so this will be a
little short. We are planning on going to this museum in Kure with
some elders from outside the area so it will take up most of our pday.
I will be sure to send pictures of it next week!

This week there were lots of great things that happened but since I
don't have much time I want to focus on just one, that is the special
conference we had with Elder Cook. As a mission we all gathered
together in Fukuoka (except for those serving on the islands and
Okinawa) to meet and have a special conference with Elder Quentin L.
Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. There were about 140
missionaries there and I got to see a lot of old friends from the MTC
and from my past area. At the beginning of the conference we all got
to shake his hand and I was so excited! I had heard when you shake an
Apostles hand it is like during that 2 second shake he interviews you
with his eyes and he knows exactly the kind of missionary you are. I'd
be lying if that's not exactly what it felt like. As I shook his hand
and looked into his eyes I knew he was a chosen Apostle of God.

After we sat down the training began and we heard from our mission
president and his wife. Then afterwards Elder and Sister Yamashita had
joined us again and talked for a little while. Finally we were all
about to hear from Elder Cook and you could tell everyone was so
excited for what he had to say. He gave his training and it was
amazing. I went into the conference with a couple questions written
down and those questions were answered directly and clearly. Aside
from his wonderful training I want to focus on the last thing he had
said. He relayed to us an experience he had when posed with a question
from a young man in the church. The question was if the senior
brethren of the church still have large spiritual experiences like
those prophets of old in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. He had said
and acknowledged that the senior brethren of the church have not been
to open about these experiences with the church. Then he said he would
like to share something without going to deep to ruin the sanctity of
the spiritual experiences himself and the other Apostles have had in
the church. He said, "I know the Saviors voice, I know His face, I
know Him." As he said those words the spirit filled the room. It was
so quiet it was almost as if you couldn't hear anyone breathing. The
whole atmosphere in the room changed and it was confirmed to me once
again that he is indeed an Apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It was by far one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever felt
and I'm so grateful I was able to be there for it. I know this church
is true and I know it is guided by living prophets and apostles today.
It is such a wonderful time to be a missionary and have the
opportunity to share that with others. I love you all and hope
everyone has a great week!

Love, Elder Sherrill

No comments:

Post a Comment