Thursday, February 16, 2017

Another Trip to Fukuoka

Hello everyone! So this is the first week of the transfer and it flew
by really fast! With the start of the new transfer is also another
trip up to mainland Japan! At the beginning of each transfer we have a
Mission Leadership Council up in Fukuoka so we (the missionary leaders
in Okinawa) get to take a plane up tonight and we will be there for a
day and come back tomorrow night. I never would have imagined doing
this much traveling on my mission but it honestly is really fun! The
only thing is since it cost the church quite a bit of money to move us
around it always helps remind me to stay focused and realize that the
purpose of these trainings is to learn and help other missionaries and
our areas rather than just hang out with other missionaries. So with
that being said Elder Conder and I are pumped for this MLC so we can
learn from others and figure out what we can do to help our zone see
more success.

Our two recent converts are both doing really well. We are meeting
with them a couple times a week still and they have been continuing to
come to church and having good experiences so I am really thankful for
that. Sitting in church yesterday by Brother Yaka I was talking to him
and he just kept smiling as we were talking and it was just so
apparent that he has changed so much. It is such a blessing to be a
missionary and see the change people make in their lives.

So that's about all I have time for this week, sorry it is so short!
We have to catch a plane tonight so we have to leave to go to Naha. I
love you guys! I love being a missionary and all the great experiences
that come with it. I hope you all have a great week and enjoy
Valentine's Day!

Love,

Elder Sherrill

No comments:

Post a Comment