Saturday, October 7, 2017

General Conference


The Fukuoka Tower

New Assistant who will take Elder Sherrill's place

Out to eat!


New office staff

What happens when it's raining and you don't have an umbrella 

I’m so excited for General Conference! In Japan we watch it a week later than everyone else but we will watch it at the normal times it is broadcasted so our pday will mainly consist of watching conference with President and Sister Egan in their home, I can’t wait! General Conference is a biannual event that is a meeting with all members of the church worldwide. All members gather whether it be in Salt Lake City where it is held or their local chapel where it is broadcasted. Lots of members watch it from their home as well. It is comprised of many different talks given by Apostles and the Prophet. It is a time for us as members of His church to learn and to rejuvenate our testimonies of Him. I’ll be sure to add some of my favorites talks into next weeks email!

This week starts the beginning of the transfer process! I’m not sure how but it has come again already! It always seems to come by so fast, this time will be a little bit different though because we get to do it with one more person. His name is Elder Kawabata and he has been called this past week to come fill my position. We will get to be in a three-some companionship and I get to train him these last couple weeks! He is an amazing Elder with so much Christ like love and patience. Also, guess what?? He is Japanese! I’m finally getting a Japanese companion! Just in time right? ;) haha I won’t be able to use him as much as I’d like (plus he is fluent in English) but I’m excited to work with him. Elder Sorensen and him will do a great job.

With the new elder in the mission home we started the transfer board once again and with quite a task. We had to find lots and lots of new positions to fill, with not very many experienced missionaries to put there. Our mission is incredibly young so there is lots who will be getting lots of responsibility early on but the Lord prepares missionaries and always makes them equal to the task if they seek His help and guidance. It is always a special experience to participate in transfers and I’m so thankful I was able to do it one more time.

This next week will be lots of office week preparing all the travel as well as training my replacement but it will fun as always! The mission home is always a party and I love the elders I get to work with. I’m hoping I’ll be able to steal one of the Fukuoka elders during the week to sneak some dendo time in while Elder Kawabata goes to work on the computer. There are always so many opportunities to find, especially here in Fukuoka! So hopefully I’ll have some cool miracles to report for next week as well :) sorry this isn’t very long, our day is kind of all over the place with Conference and having to run some errands. I love you all and will talk to you next week! 

Elder Sherrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment