Saturday, June 24, 2017

Transfer Week and the Temple





















This was quite the week! It was filled with lots to do but it went
really well. The beginning of the week we were just double checking
all the travel plans and ended up calling most of the mission to make
sure everyone had the correct plans for their travel. It's was kind of
hectic but being busy is always fun!

With transfers here we got to welcome in 3 brand new missionaries as
well as send 10 of our best elders back home. It is an awesome
opportunity to get to meet and be around so many other missionaries.
As a part of the process of missionaries returning home they go to the
temple one last time and we have the chance to participate and go with
them. Being able to go to the temple this last week was absolutely
amazing and something I'm really thankful for. As I was there I was
able to receive lots of peace and comfort, but most of all I was able
to feel of the love Heavenly Father has for me. Going to the temple is
such a blessing and I'm so thankful to be so close to one all the
time.

Today in the early morning before we began emailing we met with
Kyousuke to teach him a lesson and it went really good. We are trying
to keep the focus as much as we can on the Book of Mormon and Joseph
Smith. Slowly but surely he is coming to believe more and more and we
think he will definitely get baptized it is just a matter of time. For
our p-day today we are planning on doing a little shopping and I think
I might get a new suit! I saw a pretty cheap one I liked last week but
I held off on getting it to see if I really wanted it, well, I still
want it so we are going today to get it! Haha, plus I kind sort of
justify it since my old blue suit is getting pretty worn out so I need
a new one for trainings, church, and so forth. I'll be sure to show
you all next week! It's pretty comfy too and feels almost like pajamas
when you are wearing it.

This next week we will have our Mission Leadership Conference up here
in Fukuoka as well as begin our zone conference training! We will get
to tour the mission and go to the various areas, meet with other
missionaries and have training together. I am super stoked for it but
also a little nervous as you could imagine haha. That's about it for
today though, I'll be sure to let you know how the first couple Zone
conferences and MLC go next week. Love you all, take care!

Elder Sherrill

No comments:

Post a Comment