Friday, October 14, 2016

New Transfer, New Hope



What's up everyone!? It is the beginning of a new transfer and yep, a new companion! I finally got to meet my new companion and his name is Elder Wintercorn! He is a stud!  He is straight out of Sandy, Utah and has been in Japan for about 6 months. We have only had a few days together but I can tell this transfer will already be one of my favorites. He works really hard and is a very spiritual missionary which is essential in helping others come closer to Christ. 

So this week started off fairly slow with transfer calls but ended way fast and busy. During the first couple days my old companion packed while I prepared to get Elder Wintercorn. We went up to Fukuoka, said our goodbyes and then I met my new companion. As soon as we got back to Nakatsu it was time to work again and boy did we work hard! We knew we weren't going to have much time to dendo this weekend because of conference so we went out and talked to everyone we could see. I always feel like I get recharged at the beginning of a new transfer to work extra hard, be more obedient, and to have the faith to see more miracles and this transfer is no different. Elder Wintercorn and I have set high goals for this transfer and we are expecting to see them because we know the Lord will bless and help us as we fully submit our service to him. 

General Conference!!! Wow! Let me just say this was the best weekend ever! I learned so much from the talks and by the end I just felt spiritual overfilled, it was the best feeling ever. There were so many good talks so I feel like I can't choose a favorite but if I really had to pick a couple I would say I loved Elder Robert D. Hales talk at the beginning of conference as he talked about the Savior being your personal caregiver. Another one I liked was Elder Hollands talk about home teaching and sharing the gospel out of love for others, not merely just because it is our duty. Each individual talk I felt was amazing and I learned so much personally from each one, this week I am going to reread all the talks and my notes and see what else I can get from them. I invite you to do the same! 

Moving on to our investigator, Yamasaki! She is doing really good, we met with her just yesterday to introduce my new companion and to set up a couple appointments this week. She said she has been praying to God every single day and feeling closer to him! What a miracle! This week our plan is to set a baptismal date with her because last week as a part of Elder Lottis last lesson with her we invited her to baptism and she accepted! So we think with a little more she could easily have a date she can be working towards.

Overall, it was a very good week and I am honestly stoked for this new transfer! These past few transfers I felt like I was getting somewhat lazy and not being as obedient as I could have been and I feel like it definitely was effecting the work as well as myself personally. So to change that and to really call down the powers of heaven and see a baptism in Nakatsu this transfer I have made some changes and plan on sticking with them because I know the Lord will bless us and the people we come in contact with. This work is impossible to do without His help and without the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Just changing small things here and there I have already seen more help come to me and been able to feel more love for the service I have been rendering. This gospel is true and what an awesome time it is to be a missionary, I couldn't be happier and I'm excited to work hard and see what the Lord has in store for us this transfer. I love you all, have a great week and take care! 

Love, Elder Sherrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment