Monday, April 17, 2017

The Prince of Peace



Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Sunday! 
Yesterday for Easter we were able to go to a dinner with an American family on the Air Force Base. When they invited us over they encouraged us to bring any of our Japanese investigators even though they couldn't speak any Japanese (just to help them have an Easter experience). It went really well! We invited our investigator Yuudai and a recent convert who is also 19 came along too and they both really liked it. It was a little fun because for sharing the message we had to hop in and out of Japanese for the investigator but then also for the family. Sister Jensen (the mother of the family) bore her testimony on Jesus Christ being the light of the world and how he helps us when we are in dark places and while we translated it, it seemed to have really resonated with Yuudai. He also invited his girlfriend who just moved to Fukuoka to visit with the missionaries too! He isn't even a member yet and is already doing missionary work haha. 

This past week has involved lots of training. Lots of training received from mission leaders and I also had the opportunity to give some of it as well. On Friday we had our Zone Conference so we received training from the Mission President and his wife as well as from the AP's. The training Elder Barker and I gave went fairly well (or so we think, you might have to ask someone who watched it). We discussed how we could determine Investigators needs and help best overcome them. We had a demonstration we did which involved tying our Mission President up so we all thought that was pretty fun. The next day on Saturday we have interviews with our Mission President and I was able to train for that as well and I focused my training on the Book of Mormon. I shared some personal experiences I have had with the Book of a Mormon and how my thoughts were concerning it as an investigator and now as a missionary. I'm really thankful I had the blessing to be introduced to this gospel right before a mission because I feel like it helps me as I try and teach/relate to investigators. I know it is true. It is the foundation of my testimony that Jesus Christ lives and loves us.

With it being the Easter Season and all, I wanted to share a video that the church has recently released. It is titled the Prince of Peace (one of the various titles Jesus Christ holds). In the video it talks about how in this life we can receive peace from the Savior Jesus Christ. Throughout my mission and even before hand I have always drawn from the peace that Jesus Christ so freely offers. I'm still very young and haven't experienced very much in life yet but I do know that we all struggle and we all have difficulties. Jesus Christ is there to help you, He wants to. To end off I'd like to share one of my favorite scriptures found in John, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." I love the Easter season! I hope you all had a great time with family and enjoy this upcoming week! 


Love, 

Elder Sherrill 



No comments:

Post a Comment